I am excitedly maneuvering along the great big insurance interstate super-eager to gain my very own license.
I’m just weeks out of property and casualty class and first-things-first I have some confessions…
- Sometimes insurance-y speak makes me down-right sleepy-eyed.
- Other times a light bulb burst flashes incandescent across my mind. Along with it an urgency to dig deeper.
- I really, truly pink-puffy-heart love insurance.
No doubt you only identify with my confession number one. That doesn’t surprise me! Now, because I really like you, and I especially like you wide-eyed, I’ll only fill you in on my confession number two related information. That’s the really good stuff! And you can trust me on that, because… duh: confession number three. You’re welcome!
Okay, moving on. Really good stuff below:
Please tell me you’ve heard of Auto Medical Payments (MedPay)?
No? Me either! I don’t even have it. Well, not yet.
Auto MedPay need to know:
- It’s NOT the same as the MedPay included in your homeowner’s policy. Not even close.
- It’s not required in most states, including Nevada, but that doesn’t mean you don’t need it.
- It covers medical expenses for you and anyone in your car if you’re in an accident.
- It follows you and those listed on your policy as passengers to someone else’s car, to public transportation and even if you’re walking or biking and struck by a car.
- It pays FIRST. Due to HIPPA regulations it is your primary insurance when you arrive at the hospital… ahead of your health insurance and it’s not health insurance at all.
- It pays FAST. There is no deductible or co-pay and it’s no-fault. No waiting for investigation or payments or approvals unlike auto and health policies.
- It covers things related to an automobile accident that are often excluded in your healthcare policy: ambulance rides, chiropractic care, dental treatment and funeral costs.
- It’s cheap! Starting at $1,000 in coverage per person all the way up to $10,000 or more if you want. My agent just quoted me around $5 a month for $5,000 in coverage per person on both of my vehicles – see? Cheap!
- It could help off-set your health insurance deductible. If you’re like me you need all the help you can get when it comes to that!
Well, if you don’t have Auto MedPay I have a pretty decent guess on how that might have happened. After all, your insurance agent is required by law to offer you auto MedPay. But let’s share an honest moment. You know how that insurance meeting went. Maybe a bit like this – give or take an adjective or two…
Agent: “Here’s what’s required and how much it will cost.”
You: Pain-stricken, you pry open the checkbook and struggle, white-knuckled to press pen to paper.
Agent: “Oh, and these are some extra options that you might want to consider… here’s why they are beneficial… and they cost…”
You: Right eye rapid-fire twitching and heart-beating frantic you scream “Noooooo” and mad-dash for the door.
Sound familiar? Yeah, I thought so.
You’re probably just like me and not even completely sure you have Auto MedPay, so first-things-first, go find out. If you don’t have it give us a call and we’ll give you a no-pressure quote with plenty of time to think it over. See for yourself that the cost and benefit of this coverage is not something you’re going to want to pass on.